Join Our Team
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our team. By working with Downtown Lynchburg Association, you will get the opportunity to interact with and promote the many things that are great about our Downtown.
Downtown Lynchburg Association is a non-profit organization that works to create a strong, vibrant, and welcoming downtown with a unique and historic character. To find out more about what we do, check out our projects and programs page.
We are looking for a hard working student who is a self-starter, creative, and willing to help with whatever task is handed their way. This internship will offer opportunities to participate directly in DLA's marketing, communications, and event activities, but will also require some good old fashioned grunt work. Job duties can range from creating eblasts to managing out website to distributing posters to watering plants to helping us clean out our storage unit to writing a marketing plan to. Every day is different!
We are offering internships for the Summer & Fall semesters, at 15-30 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship.
- Support the staff in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail, e-mail, website management)
- Assist with organization and execution of events
- Other duties as assigned
- Excited about Downtown Lynchburg and eager to help others learn more about it
- Strong desire to learn and willing to be a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, Non-Profit Management, City Planning, or a related field
- Daytime availability
Extra points for...
- Graphic design skills and knowledge of Creative Cloud applications like InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with WordPress and/or Squarespace
- Experience with MailChimp
- Previous experience in marketing or design
- Photography skills
- Video editing skills
- Knowledge of analytical tools like Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.