By now, that panicky feeling may be creeping in—Christmas and Hanukkah are less than two weeks away, and you still have the majority of your gifts to purchase; or, you may just want to find “The Perfect Gift” for your father-in-law, mom, or significant other. And maybe you need some fresh ideas for stocking stuffers.
Whatever your situation—have no fear. All you need is just a short trip away in Downtown Lynchburg where shops, businesses, restaurants and more are waiting to be discovered. Our guide should give you plenty of ideas for meaningful and unique gifts sure to impress.
Bonus: Free two-hour holiday parking throughout downtown makes it easier than ever to visit; from now through January 1, the City is offering free parking to help everyone fully embrace the season!
For the Person Who Has Everything
Focus on meaningful and unique gifts sure to be remembered for years!
- Make it a Christmas to remember by restoring or updating a treasured family heirloom at Bowen Jewelry, 829 Main Street
- For something truly one-of-a-kind, check out the handmade and functional pottery turned out at Oxide Pottery, 1337 Main Street
- Gift a memorable night on the town for dinner and a show; choose from Downtown’s excellent restaurants and check out upcoming performances of opera, theatre, and more
- Snag something unique and memorable at Buzzard's Roost, 718 Commerce St.
- Create a gift basket filled with some of their favorite things from Downtown stores and restaurants (keep reading for specific ideas!)
For the Coworker / Neighbor / Teacher
Some memorable gift ideas to show your appreciation for those in your life!
- Select a fine box of artisan chocolates or truffles from Altus Chocolate, 908 Main Street
- For the tea drinkers, select from a variety of organic loose-leaf teas from Good Karma Tea Co., 901 Jefferson Street-Suite 110, and for coffee, pick up some artisan micro-roasted beans at Grains of Sense, inside the Community Market on Main Street.
- Save yourself time and gift a box of sugary sweets from Simply Irresistible Bakery, 901 Jefferson Street, Suite 1
- Pick up fresh Christmas wreaths from various vendors or lavender-scented soaps and lotions from Evergreen Lavender Farm, found at the Community Market on Main Street
- Find a little of everything at Heritage Connections Gift Shop at 915 Main Street
For the Adventurous One
Present some new challenges and experiences to your favorite Adventurer!
- Help them reach new heights with a gift certificate for Rise Up Climbing, 1225 Church Street
- Bring them up to speed with a tune-up, new accessories, or even a brand new ride at Bikes Unlimited, 1312 Jefferson Street
- Skateboards, bikes, recycled skateboard items and more to choose from at Scene3, 1107 Main Street
For the Interior Decorator
Inspire your home decorator with these standout items!
- Home goods, specialty garden items, holiday decor, and much more from ACCENTS Flags, Gifts, Home & Garden, 1716 Main Street
- Beautiful pieces, lux bedding, and fabrics to inspire at Interiors by Moyanne, 107 13th Street
- Find gorgeous, hand-poured candles that will standout from the rest at Beeswax Candle Co., 109 13th Street
- Find all the character for the old house lovers in your life at McCraw's Furniture, 1214 Main Street or next door at Bailey Spencer Hardware, 1216 Main Street
One of the best aspects of Christmas has to be the stockings; impress with these fabulous finds!
- Discover fine gifts, personal accessories, and antiques to peruse at Enchanted, 1204 Main Street
- Make it easy on yourself and stop by the “Stuff Your Stocking” display area featuring nail files, lip balms, tech screen cleaners, teen headbands, flashlights, car coasters and so much more at ACCENTS Flags, Gifts, Home & Garden, 1716 Main Street
- Grab a bag of house-roasted beans from The White Hart, 1208 Main Street
- Surprise with some tasty cake pops or a box of macaroons from Joy’s Absolutely Fabulous Treats, 1008B Commerce Street
- Nothing’s more exciting than finding a gift card hidden amongst the candy and Chapstick; surprise your loved ones with certificates to Downtown restaurants, bakeries, shops, andmore.
For the Couple
Ideas for gifting to your favorite couple or even your significant other!
- Gift a romantic night on the town with an intimate dinner for two at Main St. Eatery, 907 Main Street, Jimmy’s on the James, 610 Commerce Street, Dish, 1120 Main Street, Shoemakers American Grille at 1312 Commerce Street, or one of the other fabulous Downtown restaurants
- Make it a memorable gift of chocolate and wine pairings at Altus Chocolate, 908 Main Street
- Give the gift of a night away from home with a gift certificate to the beautiful Craddock Terry Hotel
- The couple that dances together, stays together, with Lynchburg Salsa at The Glass House, 1019 Jefferson Street
For the Music Lover
Whether listening, playing, or both, treat your favorite music lover to some new inspiration!
For the Home Chef
Inspire with some fresh and local ingredients!
- Gift some flavor-infused extra virgin olive oils and balsamic vinegars from Favored Flavors, 912 Main Street
- Fill a large basket with all of the ingredients needed for a gourmet spread; make sure to include the printed recipe and a gift card for any remaining fresh essentials! Choose items at the Lynchburg Community Market, 1219 Main Street
For the Conscientious Consumer
Surprise your favorite sustainability expert with thoughtful and local purchases!
- Find American-made gifts ranging from quirky to cute, but all hip and creative at The Conscious Mercantile, 1024 Main Street
- Discover pieces sure to standout while still supporting sustainability at Estates & Consignments, 139 12th Street or Scarlett's Main Street Antique Mall, 1026 Main Street
- Gift to a local nonprofit or arts organization in their honor
- Purchase them a share in the newest co-op grocery coming soon to Main Street: Grassroots Local Market
- Give the gift of growing with seeds, plants, and all your gardening needs at Farmers Seed & Supply Co., 1306 Main Street
For the Men
Show you pay attention to his interests and hobbies with these items!
- Find a wide variety of hand-rolled, premium cigars at City Place Cigar, 817 Main Street
- Spoil him with an authentic shave experience unlike any other at The Parlor Barbershop, 108 9th Street
- Pick up some collegiate sportswear to support his favorite Virginia teams at High Peak Sportswear, 924 Main Street
- Gift a handcrafted, one-of-a-kind wooden piece from Mayberry’s Woodturning or a laser engraved, personalized piece on wood, leather, or glass from New Life Laser Engraving, all inside the Community Market on Main Street.
- Select a unique item for the home office, library, or man cave from Estates Revisited, 1301 Main Street, Galaxie Modern, 1225 Main Street, or Schewels, 1031 Main Street
For the Ladies
From dressing up to pampering, spoil a special lady with these gifts!
- Gift an artistic experience with a painting class at the Patriotic Peacock, 1210 Main Street
- Find something just for fun, such as bath salts, glass necklaces, and local art in The Art Box, 422 12th Street
- Be brave, and pick out some clothes or accessories you think she might like at Shay’s Unique Gifts, 1300 Commerce Street or Live Trendy or Die, 1101 Church Street
- Treat her to some relaxation with a soothing and peaceful trip to Telitha the Spa, 1200 Main Street or The Parlor Spa, 108 9th Street
- Find the perfect party dress (say for New Year’s Eve?) and some trendy accessories at Frolic by Celebration, 920 Main Street
For the Kids
Gift items sure to last and provide plenty of fun over the years!
- Find traditional children’s clothes, for infant to tween—along with toys and more—at BabyB’s, 821 Main Street
- Discovery, knowledge, and fun await with a year’s membership (that the parents will equally appreciate) to Amazement Square, 27 9th Street
- Find handmade and hand knit doll clothes from Wee Cann Creations and Shirley Carwile, all inside the Community Market on Main Street.
- Help them foster an appreciation for the arts with a class at The Academy Center of the Arts, 600 Main Street
Keep up to date by following Lynch’s Landing on Facebook and Instagram @DowntownLynchburg. And don’t forget: free two-hour holiday parking through January 1.