Downtown Lynchburg Association (DLA) is a non-profit organization that strives to create a strong, vibrant, and welcome downtown with a unique and historic character. The programs and projects created by DLA help to further this mission, ensuring a bright and exciting future for Downtown Lynchburg. We are passionate about the work we do, and we are looking for someone equally passionate to join our team.
The Program Director will work to plan and execute many of DLA's programs. This position requires someone who is highly motivated and who can work independently, but also thrives in collaborative environment. We are looking for someone who loves Downtown Lynchburg, and wants to make an impact on their community.
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director.
Principle duties of the position include:
- Creation, execution, and oversight of downtown improvement projects, including Small Business Saturday, the new Downtown Gift Card Program, Downtown merchandise, and more.
- Marketing and promotional efforts for DLA programs
- Downtown business outreach
- Oversight of DLA interns
- Coordination with DLA event managers, and assistance with the planning and execution of those events
- Office management
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four‐year institution in related field
- Proven ability to project manage
- 3 – 5 years related experience in project management, marketing, public relations, fundraising, or community outreach
Required Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized with effective time management skills
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and to problem solve
- Proficient with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to supervise and manage project teams and volunteers
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Valid driver’s license, personal transportation
- Strong awareness of Downtown Lynchburg businesses, attractions, events and activities
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in email marketing platforms
- Experience in website content management
How to apply: Send your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.